Inspiring Respect: Listening
Respect is the oxygen of human relationships. Without it, relationships suffocate and die.
This is true in all relationships, but specifically in the workplace, a culture of respect is the only atmosphere where employees can flourish and bring their best to the table. That kind of respect is shown through the way we listen to each other.
Most people WANT to listen to and respect others, but for many of us the problem is a lack of skill. We don't know that the things we're doing in an attempt to help are actually inspiring DISrespect. And when employees feel disrespected and unappreciated, the results are often high turnover rates, "just enough to get by" attitudes, burnout, and more.
The good news is that we can learn the skills needed to inspire respect everywhere we go, both at work and at home! The skills taught in this course set the foundation for building a healthy culture.
- Realize the importance of respect to the quality of life inside and outside the workplace
- Expose destructive verbal responses we all use because we think they are helpful
- Identify invisible barriers to communication
- Learn about the impact of non-verbals on effective communication, and develop new strategies
- Learn the skill of active listening to understand and respond more effectively
- Learn the skill to virtually eliminate misunderstandings